BeautyCon Los Angeles 2017 Recap Plus Obviously's LA Picks!
We came, we saw, and we had a ton of fun! We've been to BeautyCon a few times now, but this year, we saw a completely different crowd of talent, brands we're super excited to try out, and had a little bit of time to explore parts of Los Angeles.
At the convention, we got to see a ton of fabulous guest speakers and makeup demos from top tier talent like: PatrickStarrr, Nikita Dragun, Karen from iluvsarahii, HeyClaire, Chrissy Teigen, Jeannie Mai, and Xixi Yang. The roster of talent surely didn't disappoint!
While we were busy working checking out all of the brands, we also wanted to take a few moments to list a few of our favorite spots in Downtown Los Angeles!
1) We highly recommend the ACE HOTEL in Downtown Los Angeles. The roof is fantastic at night and the tropical drinks are worth every sip.
2) We met up with some of our influencers to a New Orleans inspired Southern food called Preux and Proper in Downtown LA. The menu is filled with delicious fried food and frozen margaritas and elixirs! Totally IG worthy.
3. Take a matcha and coffee break and stroll down to Melrose Avenue and get the $10 matcha from Alfred Tea Room. Everything there is Instagrammable, even the coffee sleeves!
4. Ramen DTLA is right across the street from the ACE Hotel and it's a total hidden gem. The broth, takoyaki balls, and overall vibe at Ramen DTLA would make you want to have it for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. We highly recommend the octopus takoyaki and shoyu ramen!
5. Melrose Farmer's Market is open on the weekends and it's in the perfect little location tucked away from all of the big shops. They sell beautiful florals, fresh fruits and veggies, and all kinds of yummy treats like tacos, tuna melts, and pizza!
All in all, we had such a great time in LA, albeit short! We can't wait to go back and get ready for Indie Beauty Expo this week!