GET TO KNOW: FASHION INFLUENCER CHRISTINA PARK FROM TALES FROM THE THRIFT!
We love our influencers so much that we decided to create a new series on our Obvious.ly! First up, the darling Christina from Tales from the Thrift! Find out which apps she uses to make her photos pop, her favorite spots in NYC, and which Obvious.ly campaign was her favorite!
1) Name: Christina Park
2) Hometown: I grew up in Terre Haute, IN, but currently live in Queens.
3) Favorite Social Media Platform: Instagram! I'm always discovering so many cool people, images, and brunch dishes on Insta!
4) Favorite Photo Editing App: I really love A Color Story. The app's POP filter does wonders!
5) Favorite Spot in NYC to Take Photos: I like finding quiet tree-lined streets on either the UWS or UES, where it's easier to take middle-of-the-street shots without risking your life.
6) Biggest Lesson You've Learned About Working with Brands: It's so important to make sure the brand is one you actually love and appreciate, otherwise the project ends up feeling more like a chore instead of something fun to style or photograph. And who needs more chores in their life?!
7) Favorite Project You've Worked on With Obvious.ly! I loved working with Bluefly on a NYFW project. I ended up getting to style the prettiest dress, and Bluefly was such a great fit for my blog, which focuses on looking stylish for less!
8) Favorite Instagram Accounts to Follow and Why: My faves accounts include that of my blogger bestie, @sunitav_. Her photos, clothes, and hair are to die for! I also love @colormecourtney and @freddieharrel for major style inspo, and I also follow @pumpkintheraccoon, because she's super cute and it always cracks me up that we live in an era in which a raccoon can have almost a million followers! *insert crying laughing emoji face*
9) Favorite Restaurant in NYC and Why: I like bringing out-of-towners to Freemans. It's such a classic NYC brunch place, and the food is always on point. I just try to get there early to avoid the long weekend waits!
10) Favorite Store in NYC and Why: I love AuH2O in the East Village. It's a fun secondhand shop and you can always find something cute and unique, without spending a fortune. Plus, everyone that works there is so nice and friendly!